Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Today was a good day.  I went in at 10:30 for my CT scan and then went back at 2:30 to meet with Dr. Walker.  The CT scan shows my chest, abdomen and pelvis are all CANCER FREE!!  Dr. Walker said the results are better than she would have expected.  I will continue with the last 3 chemo treatments and after that will continue with the research trial drugs.

My lab work this morning showed my WBC and my platelets were too low for the chemo treatment this week (Carboplantin and Taxol-the big one).  So, it will be postponed until next week.  That's ok, I don't mind taking a week off!!

We could not be more pleased with today's news.  We know that it is due to all of the prayers that so many people have sent up for us.  We are so lucky in that we have so many friends and family that have kept me in their prayers for the past 5 months.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Emma had a little "party" planned for me when we got home which included balloons, confetti, whistle blowers, etc.  She made Thomas take her to Dollar General on Sunday to get supplies for the celebration.  She had a check list so she wouldn't forget anything.

Once again, thanks for all the prayers said on my behalf.  It worked!!!!

Love, Cathy

Waiting to see Dr. Walker!












No comments:

Post a Comment