Monday, August 8, 2016

I had chemo last Friday and it went well.  Got a good nap in while I was there.  The Benadryl they give me (in case of allergic reaction to the drugs) always puts me right to sleep.  It's great!  Tomorrow I go for blood work, so, if results are good, I'll have chemo again this Friday.  Then I will just have 5 treatments to go.  I have met some really nice people while at SCC  for chemo.  And, also, my nurses have been so nice and they always take excellent care of me.  This Friday will be Abby's last time to take me to chemo since she will be going back to Idaho the following week.  I don't know what I would have done this summer without her.  Candice and I have said several times, "Thank goodness for Abby."  Candice is much more squeamish and I don't think she could have given me shots or done my wound care.  She can barely stand to be in the room when Abby is tending to me!!

I attended a meeting at school today for a few hours.  It was our first "team" meeting of the year.  It was so good to see my co-workers again.  I got there at 8:30 and about 10:00 I started feeling tired (and all I was doing was sitting).  It will definitely take some time to build my stamina back up to be able to work all day, especially since I'm up and down a lot and on my feet most of the day.

That's about it for now.  I will see Dr. Walker again this Wednesday for another check-up.  Oh, and once again I'm excited for Thunder season after Westbrook's news conference last week announcing he's staying in OKC.  Yay Russ!!!!

Go THUNDER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment