Thursday, August 25, 2016

I have definitely felt better this week than I did last week.  Tuesday I went in for blood work and they called me in the afternoon and said my hemoglobin was low.  The nurse asked if I had been dizzy and light-headed or short of breath.  I told her definitely dizzy and light-headed for several weeks.  So, she scheduled me for a blood transfusion on Friday after chemo.

Then today I went in to doctor's office so they could do my wound care.  I am currently out of home health visits until they approve some more for me so I have to get it done at the dr. office.  Anyway, Whitney (nurse practitioner) took care of my wound and then when she saw how low my blood pressure was, she had them take it lying, sitting and standing to see if it was going down when I stood up.  Sure enough, it was definitely lower when I stood up - 70/40.  No wonder I almost pass out every time I stand up!!!!  So, she decided I needed some fluids.  I went up to the 3rd floor and received a bag of fluids.  My blood pressure was a lot better after the fluids.  And they left me hooked up to my port so I don't have to get stuck again tomorrow!!  It's the littlest things that thrill me!

After all that, I had to go to a different building to get my blood typed/cross-matched for my transfusion tomorrow.  So I left this morning at 9:00 a.m. and got home at 3:30 p.m.  I was craving Long John Silvers so when I picked Emma up from violin at 6:00, we drove to Edmond to eat!

Tomorrow will be a long day too.  Have to be at dr. office for wound care at 8:30......chemo infusion at 9:30....and then blood transfusion at 1:00!!

And, to top the day off, Biscuit got sprayed by a skunk tonight.  Thomas had to give him a bath with peroxide, baking soda and Dawn!  He smells better but our house still smells like burned garlic (skunk)!

Getting my "fluids" today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment