Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Last Friday was a very busy day.  Tessa (my friend from work) picked me up at 8:00 a.m.  I had to be there by 8:30 so the nurse could do my wound care.  It was fun to hang out with her for a while and catch up on school stuff.   She had to go back to work so Chenee, (another friend from work) came to relieve her.  Chenee stayed with me during chemo, which started at 9:30 a.m.  We had fun catching up since I hadn't seen her since school was out in May.

If you are doing chemo during lunch, you get free food.  I ordered the chicken salad sandwich and side salad.  The lady sitting next to me had ordered the same thing and it came about the time she was finishing up her treatment so she kindly offered hers to Chenee.  So we both got a free lunch and it was really good.

My chemo was done about 12:30 so Chenee dropped me off at the building I had to go to for my blood transfusion.  I got 2 units of blood and finished up there at 3:30.  Thomas and Emma came and picked me up but couldn't get there until 4:30.  Needless to say, I was pooped by the time I finally got home that evening.

After the fluids I got on Thursday and the blood I got on Friday, I definitely feel better.  I have not been dizzy or light-headed every time I get up so that is nice.

Saturday marked the 50th anniversary of when Thomas and his mom, Heidi,  moved to the United States from Germany.  So that evening she cooked German food for all of us.  It was delicious!!

Tomorrow is another busy day and a very important one.  I go in for blood work and then I have a CT scan at 10:30.  We are praying that the chemo is doing its job and that the cancer is no longer there.  We meet with Dr. Walker at 2:30 for a check-up and scan results.  We feel really positive about it.  We appreciate your prayers for good results!

Chenee, me and Tessa!

Blood transfusion!

Getting new blood!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, I'm praying for complete healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God will heal u!!! So glad the transfusion made u feel better!!! So glad Tessa and Ne Ne' got to stay and visit with u!!

    ReplyDelete