Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Well, I have not been quite as tired this week as I was after that one killer round of chemotherapy, but I have had my moments of exhaustion.  I've had a few little stomach issues but still not that nauseous feeling that so many chemo patients experience.  It seems like this week I tire easily but can take a short nap and recover.  Unlike the week before, I would sleep for 3 hours straight and still be exhausted.

Saturday evening we went over to Brian and Valerie Russell's for dinner.  Brian cooked some amazing ribeyes and tasty chicken and Valerie out did herself on the sides!  It was the best meal we've had in a while.  We got to hang out and visit while Emma played "fetch" with their beautiful golden retriever, Addie, for about 3 hours!!!  Thanks B and V for an awesome evening.

Sunday we went to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse with Mark and Teresa and then on to the Thunder game.  The excitement in that arena was unbelievable.  And the win was the icing on the cake.  I had a visitor during the game.  I turned around and Rumble was right in my face.  That was pretty exciting.  I never realized how small Rumble is until he was sitting right there beside me.  Of course, we had to get a pic together!

I was going to work half a day on Monday but was not feeling up to it so I stayed home and rested all day.  I did go in and work yesterday afternoon.  It was good to catch up with my co-workers.....I miss seeing them every day.

Last night we took Taylor Upchurch (our good friend from PCN and our pool business) to the game.  He treated us to dinner at Pizzeria Gusto on 23rd and it was yummy.  Thanks Taylor!  Again, it was so loud in the Peak and this game was not only super exciting but the whole Dramond Green-Steven Adams drama made it even more fun.  And, I had another visitor!  Our season ticket rep, sweet Colby, surprised me with a gift bag of goodies.  It was so nice of her to think of us in such a sweet way.  She brought me a Thunder shirt, a Thunder scarf, pom poms and Thunder bracelets!  Thank you Colby.

Today I go in for blood work and doctor appointment at 1:15.  I'm hoping my WBC is back up where it should be.  Friday is my long chemo session so hopefully it won't have to be delayed.

Once again, I want to say that I have so many people praying and it is working.  Just the fact that I've experienced no nausea this entire time is a huge blessing to me.  Nausea is something I have never handled well.....I hate that feeling.  Having so many people checking in with me weekly to see how I'm doing means the world to me.  Just keep praying for good results on my next CT scan which is June 13.  We are praying that the tumors will have shrunk and that Dr. Walker is able to do surgery at that time.

Later, Cathy






2 comments:

  1. I love you so much!!! You are in my prayers and my entire Sunday school class, too!! 😍😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. U made out like a bandit! Wonder who will get the pom poms?! Now u only need the coach and one of the players to visit u!!!!!😘 Just sayin!!!

    ReplyDelete