Saturday, May 28, 2016

I am so excited that the Thunder is bringing back it back to OKC to finish the series!  I cannot wait for the game tomorrow.  The Peak is going to be rocking and LOUD!!!!!  Thunder UP!

I went in for my lab work and doctor appointment Wednesday.  It was a good appointment.  The PA examined me and said she felt like the tumors have gotten smaller since she last checked.  That is really good news.  I also feel like the tumor on my upper left side (the one that I first noticed and went to the doctor about) is definitely shrinking.  My next CT scan is June 13 so we are praying that I will be eligible for surgery at that point.

Thursday the doctor's office called and said my WBC was 970.  In order to be able to take this week's chemo (which is both Taxol AND Carboplantin), my count would have to be at least 1000.  So they said I could go in early Friday morning and have lab work done again to see if it had come up so that I could do chemo.  I ask her if there was anything I could do to raise it and she basically said eat lots of protein, stay hydrated and try taking several flights of stairs before I get blood drawn.  That evening,  Jason, Lyndsey (Candice's best friend from MS and HS), and their 10 year old daughter, Kinzey Shirazi came over to visit and brought Earl's Barbecue.  It was yummy and we had fun hanging out and watching the first half of the Thunder game.   I also ate yogurt before bed and had another one on the way to SCC, along with a protein drink.  When Abby and I got there, I walked about 5 flights of stairs and back down.  About 30 minutes after having blood drawn, they told me my WBC had gone up to 2873 so I was good to go for the chemo!!!  After the chemo I felt fine.  It did not make me tired at all this time and I didn't even nap when I got home.  I met some really nice people while there.  The lady sitting next to me, Rhonda, and I started visiting when her husband had gone down to get something to eat.  She said her husband, Don Eden, was from El Reno.  Long story short, he and Thomas were in the same graduating class.  Then I found out once I got home that Don is the uncle of one of my former students from PCN, Tricia Eden!  It is a very small world.  I also met another sweet lady, Mary.  She had commented on the headband I was wearing and said she had never gotten up the nerve to go out in public with her head showing.  I told her it wasn't easy for me at first but that I had kind of gotten used to it.  I miss my hair but there are some advantages to not having any.  It takes a lot less time to get ready and when you decide to go to the movies during a hail/rain storm, you don't have to worry about your hair getting wet!  Thomas and I saw "The Nice Guys" last night and it was very entertaining.  I would recommend it, especially if you love the 70's like we do.

Emma is definitely taking after her mother.  She wanted to sew the other day so she whipped out a pillow case.  Today she asked if she could go in the craft room and make something.  Next thing I know, she's made herself a Thunder headband.  She's quite crafty!

We are on our way to Red Rock Canyon Grill and then to the Thunder game.  Can't wait to see our guys close out the series tonight against the Warriors!  Thunder UP!

Later, Cathy





2 comments:

  1. Love your blog updates... I am sorry about the Thunder game outcome... In retrospect a game isn't as important as one's health to keep into perspective... Congrats on your diligence to get your WBC up in order for your treatment to commencement... Praying for Thomas, you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog updates... I am sorry about the Thunder game outcome... In retrospect a game isn't as important as one's health to keep into perspective... Congrats on your diligence to get your WBC up in order for your treatment to commencement... Praying for Thomas, you and your family...

    ReplyDelete