Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Sunday's Thunder game was the most exciting one this year for me.  Candice's boss (Beto and Denise Garcia of Blue Haven Pools) gave me two tickets for the game - two rows up from the Thunder bench.  It is a whole different world down there compared to Loud City.  The players were right there just feet from us.  AND, we made it on TV several times.  It was a great evening that I'll never forget.  Thank you Beto and Denise!

I was planning on working Monday but just wasn't up to it.  Here lately, I have found that I tire more easily.  I have to take frequent rest breaks, which, if you know me has never been a problem.

Last night I attended Project H.O.P.E.'s completion ceremony for Seniors.  I was so glad I could be there for my graduating students.  And, I was able to keep my hair for the occasion.  That was something I really wanted to be able to do and I did it.  It wasn't easy as I was losing hair by the handfuls since last Friday's treatment.  Once I got home last night, I decided it was time to say goodbye to what little hair I had left.  Emma did the honor of cutting it for me and she did an awesome job.  I had decided a few weeks ago that it might make the transition from having hair to being bald a little easier for her if she had something to do with it.  So we played "beauty shop"!  First we started with a short bob and then went shorter from there.  Then Thomas buzzed it for me!  It wasn't as hard for me as I had thought it was going to be.  I was so sick of having hair all over myself and my clothes.  I'm going to work tomorrow so it will be my first venture out into public.  

Lab called today and my labs look good for chemo on Friday.  My sweet sister-in-law, Stacy Keller, is taking me to lunch and them chemo.  Looking forward to going to Paseo Grill for the first time.















9 comments:

  1. Love the flower headband! U have a nicely shaped head!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous and I am so pleased to hear you attended the Thunder game in style... Continued prayers for you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous and I am so pleased to hear you attended the Thunder game in style... Continued prayers for you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy - it has been so inspiring to follow your blog. Just wanted to drop a line and say how clever the idea of having Emma cut your hair was. So darling! I'm sending thoughts and prayers to you and your darling family. -Kathleen Young

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flower headband is awesome. We live you CK! Said another special prayer for you at Mass this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you, C. You and your family are beautiful and loved!

    ReplyDelete