Friday, May 20, 2016

Like I said in my last post, my 5th chemo treatment really did me in, energy wise.  I skipped church Sunday morning to sleep.  That afternoon I went to a wedding shower for a very special former PCN student, Taylor Fite.  She is an amazing young woman....smart, hard worker, determined and a sweetheart.  And, what's even better, she's marrying a young man from my home town, Marlow.  His name is Miles McCurtain.  I grew up in church with his mom and her entire family.  Best wishes to Taylor and Miles!!!!

Sunday evening my mom threw a birthday party for my sweet dad.  It was so nice to spend time with my family.  We had All American pizza and calzone and for dessert, homemade German chocolate cake and ice cream.  Dad said it was the best birthday he's ever had.  We all had a great time and I finally got to meet my nephew's finance, Mary.  Congrats Rusty and Mary on your engagement.

On Monday and Tuesday I worked all day and then half a day on Wednesday.  I came down with a sore throat at the beginning of the week.  I had my lab work done on Tuesday.  When they called on Wednesday, they said my white blood count was very low.  I told them that my throat had been sore but they said if I felt ok on Friday, I could go ahead and do the treatment.

Wednesday afternoon I took my wig, yes, my wig to get styled.  When I first got my diagnosis, I swore I was not gonna do the wig thing and I'm still not sure about it.  I've just never liked wigs but we'll see if I can get used to it.  I also have a baseball hat with hair attached that looks a lot like my own hair.  I've enjoyed wearing it occasionally.

Thursday was "Cathy" day.  I used the remainder of my gift card (from Thomas for Christmas) to Eden Spa and Salon.  I got to sit in the jetted tub for 25 minutes while my neck, shoulders and arms were massaged.  Then I got a 30 minute body massage, a mud treatment for my whole body and then got to lay under these shower heads that come down from the ceiling....warm water, 10 minutes on each side.  It was heavenly!!!  In the afternoon, I got my nails done and a pedi.  It was a very relaxing day and I needed it after working 3 days.

Today Abby and I went to Mamasita's for lunch.  Our server was Torie, one of Abby's favorite former students from PCO.  They were so excited to see each other and had a great visit.  We went from there to the SCC for chemotherapy.  The nurse brought my lab work over to explain to me.  She said my white blood count was 570 and it should be 1000 or more.  If your WBC is 500 or below, they will not do treatment but delay it for a week and see if it comes back up.  Since I was feeling ok today, I got to go ahead and get the infusion.  They adjusted the meds a little so hopefully it will all be fine.  I'm not as tired tonight as I was after last week's treatment.

And, Emma finished 3rd grade today.  She passed the state mandated 3rd grade test so she gets to move on to 4th grade!!!!! Oh, and Monday's Thunder game was a positive....Wednesday's game was just embarrassing.  I will be at the game Sunday night and hopefully we will get a W!!!  Thunder up!!

That's all for this week!  Cathy














3 comments:

  1. WTG Emma! Your spa treatment sounds amazing!!! Truly amazing!!! I'm glad u took some time to relax!!! U are always on the go!! I LOVE seeing u at work but want u rested and healed (it is written)! My love and hugs always!!! ❤️💋
    Thunder up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great and I pray your WBC and energy levels rise. They go hand in hand so to speak. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great and I pray your WBC and energy levels rise. They go hand in hand so to speak. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete