Saturday, May 7, 2016

Once again I have been meaning to update my blog but there is always something else that takes precedence.  I think the reason I keep putting it off is because I don't have Blogger down to an art yet.  I can't get the font to stay the same, I have trouble putting the pictures on it, etc., so therefore it takes me an hour or so just to do one update.  It's just very frustrating.  I'm about to abandon the blog and just update of FB.  It would be much easier and less of a frustration.

I worked Monday and Thursday of this week.  Thursday we had our Senior Luncheon for students at Project H.O.P.E., which I volunteered to decorate for.  It turned out very nice and the kids enjoyed the luncheon.  

Mom's birthday was Tuesday so we spent the morning together.  We bought flowers and plants and then went to TJ Maxx.  Then we had pizza with dad at mom's place.  It was a great morning.

Tuesday evening my good friend, Carrie, from work and her mother, Mary, came over and brought us dinner from Zaxby's.  It was yummy and we visited for a while after dinner.  Good times!

Wednesday I had my pre-chemo lab work done and I also had a doctor appointment.  When I first got my diagnosis, Dr. Walker said I had "advanced ovarian cancer".  She didn't tell me what stage it was. So I had looked it up online and had myself convinced that I was Stage 3C.  When I was at the doctor,  I asked what stage I was.  Turns our mine is Stage 4, so that was a little bit of a downer.  Not that it really changes anything, Stage 3C just sounds better than Stage 4.

Our good friends my church, Nick and Laurie Nicoll, came over to visit in the evening.  They brought us warm chocolate chip cookies!  We had a great visit with them.  We've know them for about 20 years and when we first visited New Covenant Christian Church, they were the ones who invited us to their Sunday school class.  We have gone there ever since that day!  Thank you Nick and Laurie.

Candice took me to my 4th chemo treatment yesterday.  It was the 5 hr. appointment because they gave me two meds (Taxol and Carboplantin) instead of just one.  While we were there, Tarah Warren (Tenaciously Teal FB page) came up so she could meet Candice.  It was so sweet of her to take time out of her day just to meet my daughter.  

I realized yesterday just how lucky I am and how God is answering prayers.  The lady next to me getting her treatment was nauseous before her treatment was done.  I have had NO nausea whatsoever and I am so thankful for that.  My hair continues to get thinner and thinner but is not coming out in clumps yet.  I'm trying to keep it until Tuesday evening when we have our Project H.O.P.E. graduation ceremony because I'll be on stage to hand out diplomas to my graduates.  I have a feeling that it will be gone soon after that.

We went to there 8:30 p.m. Thunder game last night.  Wish would have won but it was an exciting game.  My friend, Tessa, from work went with us and we had a great time.  April Brock, who does face painting at every Thunder game, gave me a Lauren Dangle CD which is amazing.  Emma has gotten her face painted by April at every Thunder game since she was 2 years old.  April is a sweetheart.  We didn't get home till about 11:15 p.m. so it felt great to crawl into bed at that point.  I was very tired and so was little Emma!

This morning I went to a support group for women with ovarian cancer at the SCC.  I met some really nice people there and plan on going back.  They meet the first Saturday of every month.  Then Emma and I went to the Putnam City Arts Festival at PC North.  Emma had a picture of a bug she drew in the show.  She loves to draw and definitely has some artistic abilities.

I'm headed out to work in my front flower bed this afternoon.  I love being outside now which is weird because before my diagnosis, I was really more of an indoor person.   I think I'm just learning to appreciate nature and the beauty of God in the outdoors.  

























                                                                      

3 comments:

  1. I'll read your updates here or on facebook, so don't make it overly stressful! Thanks for sharing your journey, I love learning more about you and am inspired by your determination to live life meaningfully, we can all take that lesson. Love and hugs! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you blog wonderfully... My Mother was diagnosed with stage 4 Breast cancer and given a year to live... I remember her telling me that there is man's understanding and God's understanding... Mom lived 7 more quality years and probably could have gone longer but she was simply tired and ready to go home...

    Cathy, you have turned it over to God... I KNOW you have... Keep the Faith girl and God will take care of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you blog wonderfully... My Mother was diagnosed with stage 4 Breast cancer and given a year to live... I remember her telling me that there is man's understanding and God's understanding... Mom lived 7 more quality years and probably could have gone longer but she was simply tired and ready to go home...

    Cathy, you have turned it over to God... I KNOW you have... Keep the Faith girl and God will take care of you...

    ReplyDelete