Sunday, May 1, 2016

My third chemo treatment was on Friday and went very well.  I used my topical pain medication on my port area and it WORKED this time.  I felt nothing when she started the IV.  That evening Thomas, Emma and I went to his 3rd cousin's wedding, Jenny Waller.  It was at the Walnut Creek Chapel and it was a beautiful wedding on an absolutely beautiful evening.  We enjoyed seeing a lot of family that we hadn't seen since my diagnosis.

Saturday morning I slept in till about 10:00 a.m. and it felt great.  I've actually been sleeping really well but I still enjoy a good "sleep in"!!  In the afternoon, Candice and I went to see "Mother's Day" with my friend, Carrie (from work) and her mother.  We really enjoyed it.  Saturday evening Thomas and I went out to eat and to the Putnam City North Prom.  It was at the Will Rogers Theatre on Western Avenue.  It was an awesome venue and we had a great time.  Once again, it was good to see friends from PCN that I hadn't seen in a while.  Emma spent the night with her cousin, Olivia, so Thomas and I got to "stay out late"!!!  
Olivia got baptized this morning so Emma got to go to church with them and witness the baptism.  We are very proud of Olivia for accepting Jesus into her heart.  Thomas and I went to church at North MacArthur Church of Christ with my mom and dad.  Once again, we saw former students, former neighbors, college friends and just a lot of people we know from different places.  After lunch we went to Charleston's to celebrate my mom's upcoming birthday.  And then, we were surprised with a visit this afternoon from some of our longtime and best friends, Mark and Teresa Landrith.  We hung out for about three hours, laughing and catching up!  We love THEM!

And then, I got a phone call from a friend of one of my co-workers at Project H.O.P.E. who battled ovarian cancer about 4 years ago and is now cancer free.  She told me about a support group on Saturday mornings at the SCC (Stephenson Cancer Center) and I plan on going this coming Saturday.

Plans for the upcoming week:  working on Monday and Thursday, labs and appointment with Dr. Walker on Wednesday, and then Friday I have my LONG chemo appointment (5 hours).  Should be a good nap day!  

 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to "take us along" on your journey, Cathy. Your sharing of God's goodness in the midst of all of this is an encouragement to all of us. Trusting Him with you! Karen & Joe Morgan ;-)

    ReplyDelete