Saturday, June 18, 2016

I think the good news we got on Wednesday gave me a sudden burst of adrenalin/energy.  My day started Thursday with dropping Emma off at tennis at 9:30.  Then I had to go to SCC to pick up some meds.  I got almost all the way there and realized I didn't have the papers I needed to pick them up, so had to drive all the way back home and then back to SCC.  At first I was mad at myself for forgetting the papers, but then  I convinced my self it was really not a big deal in the scheme of things.  The remainder of my day consisted of a mani/pedi, going to Wal Mart, Home Depot and Crest.  I got home at 5:30 and was not exhausted at all.  I even cooked fried chicken, roasted broccoli and corn on the cob for dinner!!  Oh, and Emma got to go Granny's and pick her first tomato!  That was a BIG deal!

Friday morning I dropped Emma off for a 3-day church camp.  She was so excited to be there.  Once we got her bed made and all her stuff put up, she was ready for me to leave.  After going to camp last year she was not super pumped about it so we didn't even know if she would want to go back this year but she did.  I'm sure she's having a great time.

Also, yesterday was our 10 year anniversary!!! We celebrated at Mahogany Steakhouse.  The food    was excellent.  We got dessert to go - Creme Brûlée and Key Lime Pie.  Yummy!

And today, Candice, Abby, Kylie and I spent the afternoon in the amazing pool/lazy river of Candice's boss (Beto and Denise Garcia).  We had an awesome time floating the river and hanging out in the pool.  I hope I got some sun on my bald head! (but not too much)  Thanks Beto and Denise for inviting us over!!






TEN years!


Floating does a body good!

Candice, me and Abby!


Kylie swam hard today.


















 
















1 comment:

  1. That is one nice swimming pool. My wife creates lists and continuously forgets the list at home. We laugh about it all the time. Keep on keeping on and we will continue to pray for Thomas, you and your family. God Bless, Ron, Cathy & Matty

    ReplyDelete