Saturday, June 4, 2016

Quick recap of my week:

Monday - I rested all day and watched the Thunder game that evening.  What a disappointment!  We should have won game 6 and should be in the finals now.  I guess there is always next year.

Tuesday - Had a dentist appointment and then went to do lab work.  That afternoon I went to memorial service for a sweet lady from my Sunday school class, Sandra Canada.  Our church was packed with family and friends.  

Wednesday - I worked all day and came home and rested.  I started watching a movie that I hadn't seen in years, Sophie's Choice.  Meryl Streep won an Oscar for Best Actress for the movie.  I enjoyed it but it would not be for everyone.  

A former counselor/friend, Rhonda Malahy,  from Putnam City North dropped off a little sleeping cap that she made.  It is the softest, most comfortable little cap.  Thanks Rhonda!

Thursday - I got a mani/pedi and it was wonderful.  On the way to the shop I happen to look in the mirror.  I looked horrible and then I realized not only had I forgotten my blush, I had forgotten to put on my "eyebrows".  So I called Thomas and he gladly brought the items I needed to me.  I know that is a very trivial thing but when you don't have hair or eyebrows, it's pretty scary.  Speaking of hair, it is growing back in.  It actually started growing in shortly after I buzzed it.  It will take a long time for it to get as long as it was before chemo but I look forward to that day!  I have finally gotten comfortable going out in public with just a headband.  It was hard at first but the more I do it, the easier it gets.  When I went to SCC on Tuesday for lab work, a lady on the next level up in the parking garage yelled to me when I got out of my car.  She complemented me on my cute headband.  She also told me she had battled cancer 17 years ago.  I love hearing stories like that.....it is very encouraging.

I also had to go in to the doctor as a follow up to my ER visit.  Temp was normal and chest was clear. WBC (actually neutrofil count) was back down again to 724.  But, since I was on the second week of Round 3, it was high enough for me to get treated.  When I'm doing week one of a round and getting the two medications, it has to be at least 1000.

After dr. appointment I went in and worked a half-day.  It was my last day so my summer has officially began.  

Friday - We went to my mom's Friday at lunch for beans and cornbread!  Yummy!  My brother, Russ, took me to chemo after we ate.   It only took 2 hours for my infusion this time.  It usually takes a little longer.  I felt great last night and this morning.  About noon my throat started getting sore again.  I'm not running fever though.  I hope the soreness is from drainage and not another infection.

Next week is my last chemo treatment of my 3rd round.  I go in Monday, June 13, for another CT scan.  and have a doctor appointment on June 15.  We are praying that Dr. Walker will then be able to do surgery.  If the tumors haven't shrunk enough to where she can remove them all, I will do another 3 rounds of chemo and then re-check it again.  If she does do surgery, I will do the 3 rounds of chemo afterwards.

I saw the coolest cloud from NW Expressway and Council today.  I had to take a picture.  It looks like a huge tornado!

Saturday - We went to a cookout at my nephew house today (Rusty).  It was fun and the food was delicious.  We got to meet his fiancee's family.  He and Mary are getting married on Sept. 2 at the Boathouse downtown.  Congrats you two!

Emma is cooking dinner tonight, homemade pizza.  She is beyond excited and assures me she will need "no help"!!!  She made some ice cream in a bag on Thursday.  She only used two ingredients - milk and hazelnut creamer.  It was very interesting to say the least.  

Later, Cathy  

Emma loves my new cap!


No eyebrows or blush!

With eyebrows and blush!

8th treatment.

Awesome cloud.



1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful either way!!
    Praying always for you!!
    Love that smile!!!

    ReplyDelete