Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Well, today was my 12th day post-surgery.  I think I'm doing really well, all things considered.  I'm still having some abdominal pain from the surgery/healing but that's to be expected.  I'm getting a little stronger each day.

I was really dreading the hospital stay at OU Medical Center, but it was the best hospital experience I've ever had.  The nurses took such good care of me....I mean they went above and beyond.  Everyone there from the doctors down to the housekeeping staff were so professional.  I was very impressed with their compassion and consideration.  The bed was comfortable, the room was very quiet when the door was shut and I rested very well while there.  The nurses would even tty to do my night-time meds and vital signs at the same time so they wouldn't have to wake me more than necessary.

Dr. Walker felt good about the surgery.  There were a few spots she could not remove because of their location but hopefully the next rounds of chemo will take care of those.  I'm not sure when I start chemo again.  I go see Dr. Walker next Tuesday.

I had several visitors during the week and got some beautiful flowers/gifts.  I also got to spend time with a comfort dog, I think his name was Riley.  Three of my girlfriends from Marlow came to see me but, of course, I forgot to get a picture with them.  Thanks Teresa, Becky and Susan for going out of your way to visit me!

We had a good 4th yesterday (I mean despite the big Kevin Durant decision).  Thomas drove his jeep again in the neighborhood parade and Emma and Kylie threw candy to the spectators.  It lasted about 5 minutes!  Great parade!  lol. Mom, dad, and Candice came over and we had a huge sandwich spread prepared by Abby.  Good times!

I will try to add pictures tomorrow.  My computer is being difficult!  Once again, thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers coming my way.

Love, Cathy



No comments:

Post a Comment