Monday, July 25, 2016

Last Friday was my first chemo treatment since my surgery.  It went great and I actually felt better afterwards than I had since my surgery.  It has to be the steroids that I take before my treatment that gives me that extra burst of energy.

My incision wound is getting better but not quite healed yet.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer that we have to deal with the daily ritual of caring for it.  And, Saturday night was my last stomach shot for preventing blood clots!  I am so glad that's over with!!

Now that I have been released to drive (thank you!!!!), it makes the days much less boring.  I love being able to get out and go run errands or go to Sonic when I want.  Today I got out and drove to my nail salon for nails and a pedi.....first time in over a month.  I was so excited and got there about 10 minutes early, walked in and did not see my nail girl, Jessica.  Turns out my appointment is tomorrow so I'll be going back after I do lab work.

Good news.....my hair is growing back pretty fast.  Bad news....I just lost all of my eyelashes in the past week or two.  I tried the false eyelash route one day but it's almost more trouble than it's worth.

That's all the news for now.  Eight more chemo treatments and then hopefully I'll be feeling more like my old self.

Cathy


No comments:

Post a Comment