Wednesday, April 20, 2016

It's been a busy few days.  Monday night we took Emma and Kylie to the Thunder game. It was fun, even though we didn't like the end result!  I was starting to feel like a celebrity during the game.  First, Andi Jordan popped by to say hi.  She works for NW Pool Mgmt. during the summer.  Then, Marty Jones, who is the Clubhouse Mgr. for the visiting team took time out of his half-time break to come see us.  Then, the "Designated Driver" of the game, Dennis Waller (who is Thomas' 4th cousin) came to see us. It was so sweet of each of them to stop by and say hello.  Oh, and Jimmy Goldstein was there.  I always like watching him with my binocs!  If you don't know who he is, Google him.  He attends playoff games all over the country and always makes it to Oklahoma.  He is an interesting dude.  I don't know how else to put it.

Tuesday, I got up early and went in for lab work.  My mom went with me.  I took her on a tour of the Stephenson Cancer Center.  It's really a nice place to be, if you have to be sick.  Afterwards, I took her to Kohl's and TJ Maxx.  Then we had lunch at Zaxby's, a new chicken place at NW Expressway and MacArthur.  It was quite tasty.  We had a great time together and I thank God daily that she is up here close to me now.  I'm also thankful that my dad also lives within two miles of me.  They are the best parents ever.

Tuesday evening we took Emma to cheer.  I ran into two former students, Brittany Heusman and Laura Williams.  They are two of my many all-time favorite students.  On the way home I pulled into Walgreen's to get a prescription filled and saw Gena Beeson going into the store.  I yelled at her and we had a great chat.  It as if God is putting these special people in my path so I'll get to visit with them.

Today I went up to Project HOPE to watch one of my students "ring the bell" (graduate).  I miss my kids and co-workers so much.  I absolutely love my job!

We are on our way to the Arts Festival, which is an annual event for us.  We go mainly to eat but also to enjoy some art at the same time!!!  We are taking Kylie and Emma so I know they will have a blast!   Oh, and I am going in to work tomorrow so I'm excited about that!

Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment