Saturday, September 24, 2016

Tuesday - went in for blood work.  My levels were good for chemo on Friday.  My magnesium was low again so they decided to give me some in my IV when I get my chemo treatment.

Wednesday - went in to get my wound checked.  It's getting smaller and I'm hoping it will heal completely since I'll be done with chemo this week.  I am tired of having to deal with it every day.  I also got a pneumonia shot while I was there and they gave me a bag of fluids since I've still been experiencing light-headedness every time I stand up from a sitting position.

Friday - This is the day I've been looking forward to since my diagnosis in April.....my last day of chemotherapy!!  My weight was up several pounds today-that always makes me happy.  Thomas took me and Candice was going to meet us there.  They got me all hooked up and I was just sitting there when Candice AND Abby walked in.  Yes, Abby.  She flew in from Idaho to surprise me and I must say I was really surprised.  I got a free cupcake since it was my last treatment.  Bill, the volunteer, brought it to me.  He is the sweetest man and he is always at SCC.

Thomas, Abby and I went to the state fair this evening.  We had calzone, poncho dog, cinnamon roll and strawberry crepe.  There were a lot of people there and the weather was perfect.

I have an appointment with Dr. Walker next week so I will find out then how often I'll have to come in for blood work, port flushing, getting my trial drugs, etc.  I do know that I will continue to take the trial drugs for 2 more years.  I am very glad my chemo treatments are over with.  I'm looking forward to feeling normal again, regaining my strength and going back to work.

And once again, thanks to all of you who have been praying for me since my cancer diagnosis.  Getting the all clear CT scan on August 31 was the definitely the most exciting day of my journey so far.  Not only do I see this as a victory for me, I see this as a victory for all of those who have sent up prayers on my behalf.  God answered YOUR prayers and mine.  I know the journey will continue but for now we are celebrating our good news and praising God for his healing.










2 comments:

  1. Congrats on achieving your milestone of completing your last chemo treatment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on achieving your milestone of completing your last chemo treatment...

    ReplyDelete