Saturday, June 24, 2017

Well, so far my treatment is going very well.  I have felt as good the past few weeks as I have in a long time.  I did blood work on Monday and my platelets were down, which is normal for the type of drugs I am getting this time.  They were 40,000 and should be 100,000 or higher.  I repeated blood work yesterday and they were up to 42,000.  Dr. Walker said that was great as she had expected them to drop even lower.  My CA 125 this week was 84, compared to 222 when I started chemo this time.  That is great news!  I also found out yesterday when I saw Dr. Walker that I will NOT lose my hair with the chemo regimen that I'm on this time.  I am thrilled about that!!!

Emma and Kylie are having a fun summer so far.  They have been swimming a lot, went to the zoo one day, played in a box and have had lots of snow cones!  Wednesday evening we did "Movie in the Park" downtown.  It was fun and there were way more people there than I thought would be there.  Next time we will get there earlier to get a better seat and take our bug spray!  We are going to the drive-in movie this Friday night in Guthrie.  Emma has also been doing tennis every morning.  She loves cooking with Granny. And she spent the last three days at Vietnam Camp here in OKC.  We also spent several evenings with the Bond's from Dallas who come up for this camp every year.  They have Danette who is Emma's age and adopted from Vietnam and also Austin, who is 6, adopted from Korea.  We always look forward to seeing them every summer.

I've been staying busy too.  I had lunch last week with some of my former co-teachers...Lorie Kennedy, Betty Mise and Tricia D'Amico.  Fun time!! My volunteer job at Children's Hospital is going well.  I always look forward to getting there and cheering up some sick children.  This past week I got to be "crafty" and make some name signs for several of the kids' rooms.  The hospital has a room with every kind of craft supply imaginable!  I've also been in a "sewing" mood lately at home.  I've made a litter bag for my car, laundry bags for Emma and her friend, Kallie.  They will be going to camp Kanakuk in a few weeks.  My next project is curtains for our bedroom.

Next month Thomas and I are taking a little getaway trip to Cripple Creek, Colorado and staying in a cabin.  I've checked the weather a few times and it's been in the 50's.  I cannot wait!

This is all for now.  See you later,
Cathy



 

 






 



 

 













1 comment:

  1. So glad ur CA125 went way down!!!! Yes!!! Oh, I know u were in crafty heaven with their craft supplies!!! So happy u won't lose ur hair!!!! Drive-in, fun times!!! Much love and continued prayers! I love you! Carrie

    ReplyDelete