Thursday, March 30, 2017

Yesterday I met with Dr. Kathryn Moore at SCC and I really like her.  She spent almost an hour with us explaining, in great detail, all of the different treatment options I have at this point.  She sat beside me and wrote down everything she said so that I would have it for future reference.  Almost all of the questions that Candice, Abby and I had going in to the appointment with were answered during her explanation.  What makes my case really tricky is the fact that I am right at the 6-month mark as far as when the cancer returned.  There are options for recurrence less than 6 months and options for recurrence more than 6 months and I am right on the borderline.  I also found out this week exactly what kind of ovarian cancer I have.  It's (get ready...it's a long name): High grade ovarian serous papillary adenosarcoma!

Since my cancer is not "measurable" at this point and since I am not having clinical symptoms, other than occasional slight pain, I am going to hold off on treatment for now. I will go back in June for another CT scan to see if the disease has progressed. If I start experiencing more symptoms from the cancer, I will decide on a treatment and go forward with it.

So, health wise, that's where I am as of now.  I really appreciate everyone who is praying for me to beat this disease.  Prayer works!

Emma had her cheer banquet Sunday and was awarded "Best Flyer" on her squad. She is moving up to a Level 4 squad for the upcoming year.  Her cousin, Olivia, got "Most Improved" from her squad!

And, Kylie has been here all week to keep me entertained and make me laugh!  She is a bundle of FUN!

Later,
Cathy














No comments:

Post a Comment